Monday, March 7, 2011


These cups and bowls were a disappointment with their "throwing up" glazes.
The brown glaze was also running and got glued to the kiln.

This experiment was to use 3 different glazes: brown stripes on a white base, a brown interior and the rim dipped in blue( and vice versa).

I used yellow clay and was quite happy with the shapes, sizes and light weight which made this mess even a bigger failure.

Wish I had got the info earlier about not using the shiny brown as a base. the matte white glaze kept its place.
For the bad color combination I can only blame myself. Oh well, I'll keep the "maximum two glazes " policy until I know better. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment