Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Small to large

This task was about pinching and trying to keep the same shape from small to large. The glaze was a suprise for it wasn't exactly like the example (milder greenish) but my eyes have got used to the brighter turquise by now. That teaches me to always do the test pieces first. It was hard to keep the shape as it got bigger. I have done some of the bigger ones several times as my understanding of this technique grew. Still the bigger sizes didn't grow enough upwards. I enjoy this technique for it's rudimental and meditative. I've done these bowls in September and just now I was taking pics in the challenging winter's light. First of all I needed to wait for a sunny day and then for the low sunlight to reach our window and the yard. And as always it was very hard to keep the curious assistant out of the pictures.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment