Monday, July 2, 2012

Tiles

 Another plaster mold assignment -decorative tiles in the spirit of Art Nouveau. This one was a headache, it took ages for me to draw something that I would like. I wanted to make somehow layers, to have depth in it. In the middle is a rosebud that I draw with quite thin lines on the clay model, so I managed to test different techniques in one tile. The assigment required 9 tiles and that's exactly what I did, no extras this time. I forgot to messure the clay model the last time before casting, so of course the measurements had changed. Therefore I can only assebly them with the same side up. The original plan was that I would be aible to play with them, that the form of the corner "roses" would change all the time. I glaced them with dipping and tested different colors.  Some of the glazes would had needed spraying (too thick) and the chrystal glazes didn't work even I deliberately applyed them thick.



.




No comments:

Post a Comment