I build the jugs with slab technique from white stoneware (the original probably was from red erthen ware or red and white earthen ware mix). For the test piece I estimated the measurements by a real size copy of the picture from the book (the height was mentioned). It was suprisingly hard to figure out the depht and if the circle was a perfect circle from the picture.
Luckily before the skills demonstration day I found in an internet auction page pictures of the same jug in lots of different anckles and also all the exact measurements. I was also working a lot to find a glaze with similar athmosphere. I took the recipe silky matt base no. 172 of Emmanuel Cooper and started to experience with copper, rutile and titanium.
The final jug´s glaze was running untill the kiln plate for it was too thick. I managed to get the jug off without breaking it totally. In the short time we had, I could not find yet the perfect shade, but I got pretty close.